Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

 I want to run. I want to run right now. Right now! But, I can't. I ran yesterday. It felt so good. We have been suffering through a heat wave and last night it broke. It was cool and breezy and it started to rain. I didn't use my iPod to time it. I just put on my shoes and went. I stopped and walked every few minutes. It never hurt. This was the first run in which I haven't felt any discomfort. I am not supposed to run back to back days. I don't want to jinx it, so I am NOT going to run. Even if the weather is still good and there is a light cool rain falling. Oooh I love running in the rain! No no! Let's discuss something else...
 Last week was my 4 year wedding anniversary. I planned a romantic weekend for my husband Michael and I. Friday was our actual anniversary, so I scheduled an appointment for a couples' massage. The ladies at the studio were attentive and thorough. My husband had never had a massage before and he was nervous. It's funny, I am super self conscious about my body 99% of the time, but tell me I am getting a massage and I am in my undies in 10 seconds flat! Yet, Michael, who is borderline cocky, was suddenly worried about being judged. It probably didn't help that I didn't tell him where we were going until a few minutes before we pulled up to the building! Anyway, after a lovely foot bath and some coaxing he fully enjoyed the pampering.
 After the massages, we came home to get changed to go out for dinner, and the gourmet cupcakes I ordered had arrived! So, pretty and yummy! They were designed to look like my wedding cake. I think the baker did a great job! The last photo in the collage is my actual wedding cake.
 We went to Maggiano's for dinner, as that is where our dinner reception was after the wedding ceremony at Maymont. We only had about 40 guests so both venues were lovely and intimate. Not to mention, I love Maymont. I could spend every weekend there walking through the gardens. Anyway, our dinner of course was divine! The following night we saw Rob Schneider perform stand up comedy at The Funny Bone. So funny! Again, Michael loves that place. Sunday we just relaxed and went to Bikram yoga to detox from all the wine, beer, and rich foods we indulged in. I tried to make the weekend as romantic and sentimental as possible. I truly love my husband. He puts up with a lot of craziness from me and he deserves some love and recognition.
 He sent me flowers and paid for me to get my tattoo finished. Yes, my tattoo! I just got it done two days ago so it looks a little icky as it's healing so I will post about that later! We had a fantastic few days and we have been very lovey-dovey ever since. Sometimes, it takes a little nudge to remind you what life is all about. Our anniversary was that nudge. We got to relax, enjoy some food, and laugh our heads off!  Tomorrow, I will run. Tonight, now that I think about it, I want to take a walk with Michael and then cuddle with him for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment